About Me

My photo
Isle of Canna, Scottish Highlands, Highlands, United Kingdom
I am a Gaelic singer living in the Highlands.I have produced 4 CDs - the most recent being "Archipelago- Songs of the Scottish Islands in Scots 7 gaelic""released on the Greentrax label. The other Cds are " A Good Suit of Clothes- emigrant Songs" "Duan Nollaig" - a unique Gaelic Christmas double CD( also on Greentrax, 2007) and "Orain nan Rosach" ( 2006). Since May 2015, I have been lucky enough to be working as the Canna House archivist on the Isle of canna, for the Nationl Trust for Scotland, looking after the incredible folklore archives fo John Lorne and Margaret Campbell.I look forward to keeping you up to date with my music, gigs, news www.fionamackenzie.org Tapadh leibhs! Thank you!

Monday 15 February 2010

Learning Scottish Gaelic in Spain

Heres a wee piece on the Secret Andalucia site about the connections between Andalucia and Scotland- and the forthcoming Gaelic Course in Andalucia. E mil me for more details of this exciting opportunity to learn Gaelic and Gaelic Songin a beultiful, warm, lemon fragrant part of Spain!
http://www.secretandalucia.com/guadiaro-valley/news/419-flamenco-in-a-kilt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to ask me any questions about Gaelic Song or Music, then please leave your comment here and I'll try to help you if I can. Tapadh leat!