About Me

My photo
Isle of Canna, Scottish Highlands, Highlands, United Kingdom
I am a Gaelic singer living in the Highlands.I have produced 4 CDs - the most recent being "Archipelago- Songs of the Scottish Islands in Scots 7 gaelic""released on the Greentrax label. The other Cds are " A Good Suit of Clothes- emigrant Songs" "Duan Nollaig" - a unique Gaelic Christmas double CD( also on Greentrax, 2007) and "Orain nan Rosach" ( 2006). Since May 2015, I have been lucky enough to be working as the Canna House archivist on the Isle of canna, for the Nationl Trust for Scotland, looking after the incredible folklore archives fo John Lorne and Margaret Campbell.I look forward to keeping you up to date with my music, gigs, news www.fionamackenzie.org Tapadh leibhs! Thank you!

Friday 9 October 2009

Promoting The Lassies Reply

Busy getting 'Pur's' new release, The Lassies Reply, out there! This Cd is unique in thats the only CD of the Songs of Robert Burns sung in Scots and Gaelic - to show that the 2 languages CAN co-exist in harmony - literally! 'Pur' are Shona Donaldson and Katie Mackenzie and met whilst both studying at the RSAMD in Glasgow. Shona sings in Scots and Katie sings in gaelic - but on this Cd they also both sing the 'other' language too. Its arranged in bright and fresh, contemporary arrangements by Irvin Duguid who produced my recent album 'A Good Suit of clothes'. Lets give these two talented you musicians a real career boost and gettheir music out there! You can hear a sample here-
www.macdug.co.uk/Burns_in_Gaelic.html
Available from here
www.footstompin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to ask me any questions about Gaelic Song or Music, then please leave your comment here and I'll try to help you if I can. Tapadh leat!