About Me

My photo
Isle of Canna, Scottish Highlands, Highlands, United Kingdom
I am a Gaelic singer living in the Highlands.I have produced 4 CDs - the most recent being "Archipelago- Songs of the Scottish Islands in Scots 7 gaelic""released on the Greentrax label. The other Cds are " A Good Suit of Clothes- emigrant Songs" "Duan Nollaig" - a unique Gaelic Christmas double CD( also on Greentrax, 2007) and "Orain nan Rosach" ( 2006). Since May 2015, I have been lucky enough to be working as the Canna House archivist on the Isle of canna, for the Nationl Trust for Scotland, looking after the incredible folklore archives fo John Lorne and Margaret Campbell.I look forward to keeping you up to date with my music, gigs, news www.fionamackenzie.org Tapadh leibhs! Thank you!

Monday 5 October 2009

BURNSONG 2009

Delighted to be able to say that I've been named a winner in the prestigious Burnsong House this year! A song I wrote last year, Guthan air a'Ghaoith has won me aplace inthe house which takes place late Novmeber this year. I will have the opportunity to live with 9 other winners , drawn from hundreds of entries from all over the world - all genres of songs, not just Trad. We will debate, write, work with industry professionals and ultimately perform our winning songs in the Scottish Parliament on St Andrews Day! This is a great opportunity and I am very excited to have been selected. More details are available on www.burnsong.org.
http://blip.fm/home?quickBlipId=101568
Guthan air a Ghaoith - Voices on the Wind, No matter where you live in the world, Song unites races.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to ask me any questions about Gaelic Song or Music, then please leave your comment here and I'll try to help you if I can. Tapadh leat!