About Me

My photo
Isle of Canna, Scottish Highlands, Highlands, United Kingdom
I am a Gaelic singer living in the Highlands.I have produced 4 CDs - the most recent being "Archipelago- Songs of the Scottish Islands in Scots 7 gaelic""released on the Greentrax label. The other Cds are " A Good Suit of Clothes- emigrant Songs" "Duan Nollaig" - a unique Gaelic Christmas double CD( also on Greentrax, 2007) and "Orain nan Rosach" ( 2006). Since May 2015, I have been lucky enough to be working as the Canna House archivist on the Isle of canna, for the Nationl Trust for Scotland, looking after the incredible folklore archives fo John Lorne and Margaret Campbell.I look forward to keeping you up to date with my music, gigs, news www.fionamackenzie.org Tapadh leibhs! Thank you!

Thursday 14 January 2010

Learn Gaelic Song , Language & Acting Under the Lemon Trees!

Plans just firmed up for this years Gaidhlig Thall Thairis Course in Andalucia, Spain. Come and learn Gaelic- at your own pace and level- Gaelic Song, again at a pace to suit you, acting - and you can even improve your Spanish in all subjects if you so wish to , too! w ehave 3 tutors, myself, Gillebride Macmillan and Rhoda Meek. The course takes place in Juzcar, near Ronda, between 29 April through to 2 May. Details of this holiday woth a difference can be found at
http://www.fionamackenzie.org/Events

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to ask me any questions about Gaelic Song or Music, then please leave your comment here and I'll try to help you if I can. Tapadh leat!