About Me

My photo
Isle of Canna, Scottish Highlands, Highlands, United Kingdom
I am a Gaelic singer living in the Highlands.I have produced 4 CDs - the most recent being "Archipelago- Songs of the Scottish Islands in Scots 7 gaelic""released on the Greentrax label. The other Cds are " A Good Suit of Clothes- emigrant Songs" "Duan Nollaig" - a unique Gaelic Christmas double CD( also on Greentrax, 2007) and "Orain nan Rosach" ( 2006). Since May 2015, I have been lucky enough to be working as the Canna House archivist on the Isle of canna, for the Nationl Trust for Scotland, looking after the incredible folklore archives fo John Lorne and Margaret Campbell.I look forward to keeping you up to date with my music, gigs, news www.fionamackenzie.org Tapadh leibhs! Thank you!

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Christmas Eve Concert online update


Fiona and katie's concert of Gaelic carols on Christmas Eve shoudl be alovely way of seeing in Christmas Day ( if you're with UK time) and whatever time of day it is with you, its guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit! Join us at 1140pm for half an hour of old favourites and some newer ones too - download the lyrics and listen to the podcast on my website so you can join in!

Get the mulled wine or spiced apple juice out of whatever makes you feel festive an

d relax for a wee while. Katie will accompany me on the Scottish Clarsach for some of the songs. If you do join us for the carols make sure and close any other programs you may have running on your computer before watching as they may mean your computer will struggle to stream the broadcast

Look forward to seeing you - and hope you enjoy it!

A very Nollaig Chridheil to you all!

Fiona


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to ask me any questions about Gaelic Song or Music, then please leave your comment here and I'll try to help you if I can. Tapadh leat!